Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Gazette Xtra


By JIM LEUTE ( Contact )   Tuesday, July 13, 2010



After returning to Wisconsin for the Fourth of July holiday, Sinykin got a message that BP was interested in hearing about Monterey’s product. Sinykin returned to the region last week to meet with BP’s “High Interest Technology Team.”




“It was a great experience,” Sinykin said. “I flew to Pensacola and drove to Alabama to meet with them. I got a chance to see the presentation ahead of mine, and it, too, was very good.”
Sinykin said he was impressed with the BP team that has whittled more than 100,000 submitted solutions down to 150—including Monterey’s—for further investigation.


“They videotaped my presentation, asked insightful questions and really challenged me with other ideas,” he said. “They said they’d get back to me, and by the time I got to Atlanta to change planes I’d already received a message asking questions and seeking more information.


“We answered them and sent some more information, so now we’re kind of in a wait-and-see mode.”
Sinykin said BP’s team is sincerely interested in the Monterey material.


“I think we all agreed that there are certain applications for our product,” Sinykin said. “But it’s not a silver bullet to solve all of the problems. There will be many different solutions.”


Birkhoff said those solutions depend on the affected areas and whether they are sandy, marshy or in deeper water.


Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment